Sunday, December 4, 2011

All things are new again

Having a working liver again is awesome. I've not even had this new a full week yet but I already feel more like myself than I have in years. Hell, the moment I woke up from surgery the new liver was already having such an impact that I felt significantly more like myself immediately. For example, I can see normal again. I didn't realize how askew my sense of color had become, everything had a coating of yellow on it. But no more! Now I can actually see the color white instead of an ugly yellow-green blend.

Recovery is also going very well. I still have a few more days to spend in the hospital but I'm progressing very well. I'm up on my feel, walking around, and even though I just had a major surgery I'm probably doing more than I have the past couple months when I was really sick with the Liver disease.

AND FOOD IS SO GOOD. I had not been able to eat much for the three weeks leading up to the surgery so the taste of food now is amazing. I'm loving being able to sit around and eat.

I realize that this has been a rather rambling post but there's a lot to express anew that I've been missing for awhile. Like the full fun taste of jelly beans! Thank you for the jelly beans.

-Brandt

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're doing so well!!! Enjoy the brighter colors and tastier tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandt!!! Congratulations! We are all sending you lots of love and are so happy to have you back in the world of candy eaters. Maybe you are the reason I've been consuming so many Mike and Ikes lately. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete